A little insight into the Edinburgh Bicycle COOP. Thanks to all the guys for getting involved!!
1. Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op opened its first shop in 1977, making it Scotland's longest established workers' co-op.
2. Workers' co-op means that the business is run and owned by the staff. Every worker with at least 1 year's experience is a co-op member. We trust that this employee involvement in the business should manifest itself in the level of service you receive.
3. Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op run 6 of the largest shops in the UK: our long-established branch in Bruntsfield Edinburgh and more recently acquired branches in Aberdeen, Newcastle, Leeds, Manchester and Sheffield.
4. All 6 of these shops are open 7 days a week.
5. If you can't make it to any of the shops, or you want to do your homework before visiting us, you can shop online on our award-winning website www.edinburghbicycle.com.
6. Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op also run a dedicated telephone/mail order service. Call 0845 257 0808 (low call) or 0131 331 5010, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op employs more than 100 people, the vast majority of whom really do cycle to work.
8. Edinburgh Bicycle is a major outlet for the major brands in bicycling - Specialized, Cannondale, Commencal, Marin, Dawes, Ridgeback, Giant, Camelbak, Cat Eye, Endura, Ergon, Hope, Kryptonite, Marzocchi, Oakley, Orca, Ortlieb, Protective, RockShox, Shimano, SIS, Topeak and dozens more. You won't find such a complete selection of bikes, cycle clothing and accessories anywhere else in the UK.
9. Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op has also been developing its own line of bicycles and equipment since 1985. This Revolution line has become a by-word for industry leading value matched with quality and design flair.
10. All our shops have professionally run workshops staffed by trained mechanics who will consider any job from an on-the-spot puncture repair to a complete custom build (assembly of bike from frame and parts). Need your hydraulic brakes overhauled? We have the know-how and the technology.
11. Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op runs day classes in cycle maintenance at our shops in Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Newcastle, Leeds and Manchester, (Sheffield will follow soon.) Absolute beginners are very welcome. To find out the dates of the classes and to book, call 0845 257 0808 (low call) or 0131 331 5010, or e-mail email@example.com.
12. In the summertime, we organise a number of Century Challenges from Edinburgh - 100 mile rides with back up and food laid on.
13. Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op invented the Edinburgh-St Andrews cycle ride, and have supplied mechanical back-up support to the riders for the past 20-odd years.
14. Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op sponsors the Edinburgh New Year's Day Triathlon.
15. Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op also provides back up support for the Pedal For Scotland Glasgow to Edinburgh Ride and the Great North Bike Ride in Northumberland.